The initiative is focused to promote Livestock and dairy sector on the basis of cooperative business model as part of the project, a special Initiative for poor women as asset building measure leading to sustained income in future. The component seeks to assist the poor women as milk producer to rehabilitate them and make them viable entrepreneur.
Community Livestock Extension worker for livestock services would be trained - who would also have the expertise of Artificial Inseminations (AI). The LSO would start its mobile veterinary services through these trained workers to render animal health care at the farmers' doorstep. Probably for the first time in this area, veterinary first aid services, by trained personnel, will be available in the villages.
A balanced feed would be preferred to be manufactured in the LSO at later stage, as LSO's Cattle Feed Plant and will be sold to the members through the CO/VOs at cost price.
The prime objective of initiative is the economic empowerment of women farmers, thus it will also cater and enhance rural livestock production; especially milk production focusing on poor organized women at union council level in the districts of SRSO operations.
- Market survey and feasibility.
- Identification of Vendor(s).
- Establishment of Transit Farm at Sukkur.
- Identification of the beneficiary.
- Dialogue and Terms of Partnership (ToP) with Local Support Organization (LSO).
- Procurement of Calves and its distributed to the beneficiary.
- Establishment of 5-6 additional Transitional Farms near the vicinity of UCBPRP districts.